Are you looking for a reliable Houston TX metal recycling center near me? If so, get in touch with Astro City Scrap Metal today. We are one of the premier scrap metal yards in the Greater Houston area. If you’re looking for the best deals, then there’s certainly no reason to choose anyone other than Astro City. We are the pros when it comes to scrap metal.
Scrapping metal is a tedious process that needs to be done right; therefore, you need to bring your scrapping to the experts who can do it right each and every time. We are a fast-growing company that gets it right every time. Moreover, with our advancements in technology, we take advantage over many other companies out there.
Finally, we give you what you deserve for what you bring to the table. Rest assured, you’ll receive the top dollar for the metal that you bring us. For a full list of our pricing for the metal you have, please visit our website or give us a call.
Why should I recycle my metal?
While you may not give a second thought to recycling your metals, there are so many benefits to doing so. Not only are you actively helping the environment, but you can actually make yourself some money in the process. There are many advantages to recycling your metal, and we’re here to let you know why it should be one of your top options.
- Energy Saving: Did you know that scrapping your metals helps conserve energy? It actually takes very little energy to turn your scraps into a new product than to create new materials and resources to create the same thing. Recycling a ton of metal is actually equivalent to running the electricity in 4 homes for months.
- Conserving Resources: Recycling metal also conserves the earth’s natural resources. Instead of using drilling materials, we can recycle already-in-place materials instead. When we do this, we preserve our earth’s landscape and protect the wildlife by preventing things like drilling in their homes. Moreover, you’ll get a higher price for those recycled metals.
- Landfills: In addition to the other benefits, recycling your metal helps to ensure that the metal stays out of landfills. Many metals take a long time to biodegrade, which makes them harmful to the environment. Moreover, there is very limited landfill space which means that many metals actually contribute to overflowing landfills. Make sure that you’re recycling in any way you can to help diminish landfill waste.
- Economic Benefits: Did you know that the recycling industry creates over 500,000 jobs, generating $13 billion in taxes and revenue. Moreover, this industry is important for trades and creating jobs.
What are the benefits of recycling metal?
Many people’s minds immediately go to paper and plastic when it comes to recycling; very few think of the benefits that come from recycling metal. We can bet our bottom dollar that there are quite a few products in your home that are unused and made of metal. If you’re looking for a Houston TX metal recycling center near me, get in touch with Astro City Scrap Metals.
What metals can be recycled here?
Just like with any other scrap yard, there are metals we can accept and metals that we can’t. If we cannot accept a metal, it is for government or city reasons or worker safety reasons. We always put our worker’s safety on top over everything else.
Our list of metals that we accept include:
- Alloys: Including Hastelloy, titanium, Incoloy, Monel, and metals with nickel
- Brass: Plumbing fixtures, sprinkler heads, pipes, home decor, weather-stripping
- Insulated Wires: Number 1 Insulated wire, number 2 insulated wire, THHN cable and wire, HR Wire
- Radiators: Copper/Brass radiators and aluminum radiators/coolers
- Carbide Inserts: Carbide drills and bits, carbide end mills, carbide dies
- Aluminum: aluminum sheet, aluminum extrusion, aluminum transformers, aluminum wheels, aluminum 60/61
- Copper: Radiators, copper wire, extension cords, home decor, copper pipe, and valves
- Non-Ferrous metals: Alloys, aluminum, brass, copper, insulated wires, radiators, stainless steel, carbide scraps
- Stainless Steel: 304 Stainless steel, 316 stainless steel, 400 stainless steel, 17/4 stainless steel
If you are unsure of the type of metal you have, we are always more than happy to help you identify the metal that you have in your possession.
What metals can’t be accepted here?
As previously mentioned, there are still a handful of metals that we don’t accept here for many reasons. We are one of the biggest scrap yard companies in the Greater Houston area. However, there are still guidelines and regulations we must adhere to.
Before bringing in your scrap, you need to be sure that we can accept it first. Not only will this save you time, but it will save us some time as well. We’ve made it easy for you and compiled a list of metals we don’t accept here at Astro City.
- Beer kegs
- AC’s with Freon
- Loaded bullets and shells
- Metal Powders
And so much more! Once you know what we don’t accept, then you’ll be able to get back on track and make your way on down to AstroCity with the right metals in hand. We are more than positive you’ll be satisfied with our services. With our state-of-the-art technology, rest assured that you’ll be able to get accurate pricing and value.
Choose Astro City!
Simply put, there’s no better decision out there than to recycle your metal. Not only is it good for the environment, but it’s great for your pockets as well. Our Houston TX metal recycling center near me will get you the best bang for your buck.
If you want to know more about our company and how we can help you, then give us a call today at 713-697-2999. From there, you’ll be able to speak to a representative that can help you out. We’ll get to work immediately and get you the money that you deserve.
Your satisfaction is extremely important to us. Don’t be afraid to reach out to us with any concerns. Since 1984, we’ve been the best, and when you visit us, you’ll see why we’re still the best.
Houston TX Fun Facts:
- Houston is home to 4 professional sports teams (basketball, baseball, football, and soccer)
- More than 400 events take place in Houston each year.
- From 1837 to 1839, Houston was the capital of Texas.
- For more information about Houston Tx, please visit our official website.