When it comes to scrap metal, you need to know what Astro City Scrap Metal can and cannot take from you. Though we can handle numerous amounts of metals for you to bring in for cash, there are a few that we will have to turn away.
Astro City Scrap Metal is one of Houston’s largest non-ferrous scrap yards. The best part about our services is that we will unload, weigh, and pay cash for your metal materials once you bring them in. We make sure that our scale system is in plain sight so you can see each readout when the metal is being weighed. We will also sort out all the metals we can and cannot take so we can save you time when you come to visit us. Whether you have a business or a commercial establishment or even you as yourself, are welcome to come in with your scrap metal.
However, before you bring your scrap metal in, you must make sure you have the right type of metal for our facility to take in. Here at Astro City Scrap Metal, we have a list of certain metals and materials we cannot take in:
- Iron – Iron is a ferrous metal which is a material we don’t deal with here at Astro City.
- Steel – Again, steel is a ferrous metal, and for that reason, our scrap yard does not accept steel scraps.
- Batteries– Though batteries are incredibly recyclable, they can be extremely flammable if not handled properly.
- Beer Kegs– Recycling beer kegs is to be done by the owner of the beer keg and taken to a place that takes care of this metal.
- Air Conditioners with Freon– This type of product is becoming out of date, and we no longer see a purpose in recycling it.
- Computers– it is best to take a computer apart and sell the parts for your own money.
- Materials with Mercury– you cannot scrap materials with lead/mercury.
- Loaded bullets and shells– bullets contain lead which cannot be recycled.
- Flammable or combustible materials– for the safety of our workers and customers we cannot accept flammable materials.
- Materials containing asbestos– materials with asbestos need to be handled at the accurate location, and not a scrap metal yard.
- Radioactive materials– this is hazardous to our safety.
- Glass– There are several recycling places that accept glass materials. However, because glass can be marked as highly contaminated, and useless, we do not accept it here at Astro City.
- Cans– aluminum cans can be recycled at the curbside of your own home.
- Metal powders– this is considered dangerous to scrap.
- Print rollers with selenium– radioactive and harmful for people.
- … and Closed Containers
After you look over the list of prohibited items to bring to Astro City Scrap Metal, you are on the right track to receiving the best service in scrap metal. We are very competitive with our overall pricing and will have you satisfied and wanting to come back again.
Customer satisfaction is important to us and that is why we want to help you with your scrap metal needs. Since 2000, we have been proud to serve the Greater Houston Area and make the lives of our customers easier by taking their unneeded scrap metal off their hands and into our facility.
We pay top dollar for all the metal that is brought into our facility. With the help of our state-of-the-art X-Ray Fluorescence scanner (XRF), we can easily analyze every piece of the scraps you bring in. The XRF will give you an accurate reading for a price so we can promise you a full value for your metal.
Additionally, this machine will help with Alloy Quality Control and Positive Material Identification. That being said, choosing Astro City Scrap Metal yard to take in your metal is the right choice for you. Please visit our Metals We Accept page to learn about the numerous metals that we can take in for cash.
If you are still curious to know about how we can help you, give us a call today to learn more about our services and how we can take care of you. Astro City Scrap Metal is here to help you when you need to get rid of scrap metal you no longer need.
Call us today at 713-697-2999, so we can work with you and give you a starting price on your metal!